Your Child's Mental Health
If your child is anxious or worried about coronavirus (COVID-19), there are things you can do to help. And if they’re struggling with their mental health, we have advice to help you support them and keep them safe.
There’s a lot of uncertainty in the world at the moment. And there won’t always be answers to the questions your children are asking. But we can help you have these conversations in a safe and open way.
For more information for families with children under 4 years old, visit www.blackpoolbetterstart.org.uk/covid19-update
How to support your child's mental health at home
The emotional wellbeing of children is just as important as their physical health. Good mental health allows children and young people to develop the resilience to cope with whatever life throws at them and grow into well-rounded, healthy adults.
Below are some lovely ideas to do with your children to support their mental health. Some may be suitable from age 4, some activities may need adapting for younger children.
Click on the images below to find out more information on each title
At Natural Choice Nurseries, we:
– offer inhouse training on children’s mental health to all staff through licensed training providers
– all staff up to date on changes in legislation which include children’s mental health
– practice mindfulness through activities with the children
– offer resources on our website www.ncnltd.co.uk
– all staff receive a ‘Children’s Mental Health’ booklet, giving a wealth of information, researched and edited by an Early Years Teacher graduate.